Specifically designed to provide an comprehensive initiation to clay pigeon shooting. A must for beginners and an excellent precursor for future lessons, and a superb way to gain a better understanding of what is involved. From shooting ground rules and regulations, to shooting etiquette and safety, plus a greater understanding of modern shotguns and ammunition and of course the methods and techniques of shooting moving targets.
Lessons include all the equipment required including guns, cartridges, clays, eye and ear protection plus friendly instruction. Participants will spend time ‘Off Range’ getting familiar with guns and equipment plus the safety behavior and etiquette required at a shooting ground. They will then be taken ‘On Range’ to a selection of shooting stands where they will receive full instruction on a selection of exciting and varied targets.
Our qualified A.P.S.I instructors (CRB Checked) have years of experience within clay pigeon shooting as well as all aspects of game shooting and have developed a great deal of knowledge and understanding of the art and techniques of shooting.
An ‘Introduction to Clay Pigeon Shooting’ is ideal for anyone wishing to learn the basic principles of clay pigeon shooting.
• Welcome and introductions, tea / coffee - Light Lunch
• A brief history of Clay Pigeon Shooting
• Shooting ground rules, regulations and etiquette
• Modern shotguns and suitable cartridges
• Personal protective equipment & shooting accessories
• Shotgun safety
• Eye Dominance
• Gun mount, gun fit, stance & shooting position
• Shooting etiquette around the shooting ground
• How to shoot a moving target
Prices / Deposits per person
| Persons || Clays pp || Cost pp || Duration || Deposit pp |
| 1 pers || 75 || £175.00 || 10am - 4pm || £50.00 |
| 2 pers + || 75 || £125.00 || 10am - 4pm || £50.00 |
| 3 pers + || 75 || £125.00 || 10am - 4pm || £50.00 |
Prices inclusive of:
- Tea / Coffee / Shortbread on arrival
- Light Lunch
- Our unique off range introduction to Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Various sporting targets
- 1 to 1 instruction with a fully qualified A.P.S.I shooting instructor
- Gun hire, cartridges, hearing and eye protection
- Spectators welcome and may take photographs
- Certificate of Attendance
All activities are by appointment only, for enquiries please: Contact us
Accommodation and lunch can be provided as a package, see: Local Accommodation
Packages including accommodation are also available, see Sporting Breaks
Lunches and catering
Gift Vouchers available