A unique experience specifically designed for those interested in learning about the exhileration, etiquette and art of driven and walked up game shooting. This is a must for beginners and an excellent precursor for future involvement in game shooting, and a superb way to gain a better understanding of what is involved.
We appreciate how difficult it can be to get started in the sport of game shooting, especially if you are not involved with people who are already taking part in some form or another. Our ‘Introduction to Game Shooting’ has therefore been designed specifically to provide an initiation to Walked Up / Rough Shooting as well as Driven Shooting and can be tailored specifally to either if required.
We provide an opportunity for those wishing to take up the sport to come along for a one to one extended lesson provided by fully qualified A.P.S.I Shooting Instructors.
This experience includes all the equipment required including guns, cartridges, clays, eye and ear protection plus friendly instruction. Participants will spend time ‘Off Range’ getting familiar with guns and equipment plus the safety behavior and etiquette required and then will be taken ‘On Range’ to a selection of shooting stands where they will receive full instruction on a selection of exciting and varied targets.
Our qualified A.P.S.I instructors (CRB Checked) have years of experience within game shooting both Driven and Walked Up / Rough Shooting as well as all aspects of Clay Pigeon Shooting and have developed a great deal of knowledge and understanding of the art and techniques of successful shotgun shooting.
Introduction to Game Shooting - 10am - 4pm (approx 6 hours)
• Welcome and introductions, tea / coffee - Light Lunch
• An Introduction to Game Shooting
• Shooting rules, regulations and etiquette
• Modern shotguns and suitable cartridges
• Personal protective equipment & shooting accessories
• Shotgun safety
• Eye Dominance
• Gun mount, gun fit, stance & shooting position plus the various shooting methods
• Shooting etiquette before and during the shoot
• How to shoot moving targets including Driven Pheasant, Springing Teal, Bolting Rabbit and more
Prices / Deposits per person
| Persons || Clays pp || Cost pp || Duration || Deposit pp |
| 1 pers || 75 || £175.00 || 10am - 4pm || £50.00 |
| 2 pers + || 75 || £125.00 || 10am - 4pm || £50.00 |
| 3 pers + || 75 || £125.00 || 10am - 4pm || £50.00 |
Prices inclusive of:
- Tea / Coffee / Shortbread on arrival
- Light Lunch
- Our unique off range introduction to Game Shooting
- Various sporting targets
- 1 to 1 instruction with a fully qualified A.P.S.I shooting instructor
- Gun hire, cartridges, hearing and eye protection
- Spectators welcome and may take photographs
- Certificate of Attendance
All activities are by appointment only, for enquiries please: Contact us
Accommodation and lunch can be provided as a package, see: Local Accommodation